[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support cretinous judge

Shane Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Wed Sep 3 08:11:43 PDT 2003

Dennis Perrin wrote:
> Are you guys really that afraid of these types (who
> you've reduced to a simple stereotype)?

Well, I don't work at an abortion clinic...

> The issue isn't so much Belief and Dogmatism than
> it is the use of the Cross as cover for secular power
> grabs.

It's about rendering this a Christian Nation. This can be done, and I do not believe much of the radical left can be trusted to oppose this. Maybe it's because of the vulgar Marxism, maybe it's the populism, I don't know, but defense of separation of church and state, and even clear opposition to theocracy, is something I no longer expect from much of the American left in general. They're not really against the principles per se, just the defense of them.

Getting pray back in school, barring gay marriages, and outlawing abortion are obviously not secular power grabs. It's religious, and not a private affair. The Left Behind series is incredibly popular, which is pretty bloody disturbing. This is not just fiction. Tim LaHay does straight-ahead anti-secular agitprop. Much of what the evangelicals believe extends well beyond those millions of Americans who identify as evangelicals. They don't have to make evangelicals of half the nation to decimate secular principles. Maybe it's just more obvious here in Texas, because it's so pervasive. budge had a very on target post about just this a couple of weeks back.

The public piety lot want "tolerance" for the beliefs as if they were a private matter, but simultaneously want those beliefs to govern the nation. So, when we protest the assault on secular principles, it's bigotry. When they press on with these attacks, we're supposed to turn the other cheek.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!