[lbo-talk] 77% of Americans support the cretinous judge

Curtiss_Leung at ibi.com Curtiss_Leung at ibi.com
Wed Sep 3 10:07:26 PDT 2003

Doug wrote:

> Speaking of being critical of religion - damn, won't anyone stand up
> for secularism anymore? Are American lefties so cowed by the dominant
> piety that we're afraid to say it's all a crock?

I suppose some of it is fear, and some of it is a misguided attempt at pluralistic fairness.

Fuck that. I'm neither an epistemic or moral relativist. That's not saying I have access to the "truth" either; but I think its pretty clear now that cosmology and ethics of the major monotheistic faiths have been "disconfirmed."

Curtiss