[lbo-talk] RE: Learning to be Stupid

Jose Rodriguez & Sally Everson pepor at caribe.net
Mon Sep 15 20:30:46 PDT 2003

You seem to have all the players there that I remember ... now where I fit in there I have no idea -- I was really lost ...no political group I came into contact would have me (too white, too straight, too neat and orderly looking, etc etc) Wish I had taken some sociology classes though (and maybe had someone like you), along with history and philosophy, etc. (I don't think I had to take any there -- but then I was a transfer student and had gone to a Community College prior to that where I did all my core courses - which was basically a complete repetition of h.s.). I found out rather late that the way to an education is by not following a major course of study ... There were some exceptionally bright students in many of my lit classes, and fairly politically engaged profs -- that is, once I got to the upper level courses - which is the problem, by the time I found them I was finished ...

But I suppose thats whats grad school for, eh? If one is fortunate enough to continue.

Sally

----- Original Message ----- From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org> Sent: Monday, September 15, 2003 3:25 PM Subject: RE: [lbo-talk] RE: Learning to be Stupid