[lbo-talk] RE: Technology not neutral

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Sep 16 10:14:29 PDT 2003

DRM

> It has always seemed to me that the problem with
> nuclear power (and other questionable tech) is not the
> idea itself but the cracked societies that implement
> it.

Amen. I think there is another benefit of nuclear power plants than the luddite left in the US seems to miss - cheap electric energy can make public transit (trains and trams) a much more economically viable alternative to the polluting cars. The French TGV would not be possible without cheap electricity generated by nuclear power plants.

Wojtek