[lbo-talk] Re: USA 2003

Kendall Grant Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Tue Sep 16 11:22:09 PDT 2003

>>>>> "martin" == martin schiller <mschiller at pobox.com> writes:

martin> The current phenomenon is harry potter stories. Equally a

martin> product of the author's cultural roots (thereby more egalitarian

martin> in tone.)

Well, yes and no.

There's actually an interesting issue of natural slavery in the Potter series, one which a forthcoming issue of Monkeyfist.com will cover, together with a consideration of natural slavery in the work of Samuel R. Delany, particularly his *Stars in My Pockets Like Grains of Sand*.

Best, Kendall Clark -- Nobody said it was easy No one ever said it would be this hard Oh take me back to the start

--Coldplay, The Scientist