[lbo-talk] RE: Technology not neutral

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Tue Sep 16 12:22:57 PDT 2003

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 at 1:11pm Chuck0 wrote:

> What's wrong with walking?

Considering I drove to California last week and flew back yesterday, I'd personally say there is plenty wrong with it as a substitute for either cars or mass transit. The idea of walking to LA from Houston holds not much appeal for me.

I like walking, and I intend to move back into the city so I can do more of it, but it is no more a cure-all for transportation problems than is nuclear power.

Thanks for finally coming clean and being honest about your Luddism though, I've been waiting to see the Zerzanian lunacy laid out for all to see. Like Bill said, there's no danger of your vision of the future catching on -- and that's a Good Thing(tm).

I still think it is bullshit that people in a non-coercive society can't chose to build airplanes or computer networks and I think it is a pretty depressing view of humanity that claims that people will only embark on such projects with the barrel of a capitalist gun pointed at them.

Gotta run now -- I'm late for a Hummer burning!

Viva la revolution!

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"