[lbo-talk] Re: Provenance of "cookies"?

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 17 19:55:16 PDT 2003

> From: Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com>
> I turn off cookies and delete any that I have allowed. Some sites,
> especially those that do credit card sales usually insist you turn
> cookies `on'. So, if I am buying something, I turn it on. After I
> finish I turn it off and go delete the cookie.
>
> Chuck

Some websites allow you to opt out of getting cookies (they put a cookie on your computer to tell them not to send you cookies)

Here's a website that will help...What it does is show a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" message on the pop-ups instead of an ad---hey better than nothing...

http://technoerotica.net/mylog/optouts.html