[lbo-talk] Re: No evidence...

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Thu Sep 18 09:40:44 PDT 2003

Justing writes:

"We are obviously not wired for logic."

Sure we are, or we couldn't do it. Trouble is, it gives us cold comfort. What gives real comfort is the feeling that we are part of a large and powerful group in whose bosom we can safely thrive. For example, U.S. imperialism. As a result, we are satisfied with lumping all the bad guys together and then deducing causal relationships between them: Hussein, bad; Al-Queda, bad; Husseing = Al-Queda. I would hardly call this thinking, but it seems to serve most.

Joanna