[lbo-talk] Re: US public on "war on terror"

frank scott frank at marin.cc.ca.us
Thu Sep 18 10:42:39 PDT 2003

"...It's amazing how different the public perspective on pursuing the war on terror is from the Bush administration approach..."

Do these encouraging poll responses include the alleged 70% of americans who think, according to another poll, that saddam was in league with osama? or the 70%, according to another poll, who believe in angels?

What does this poll do, if anything, to the idea posed by the cultural theorist-philosopher( there's a job category for pollsters) interviewed in the last LBO that we are all in denial of "facts", and that fully informing people won't do any good because they/we are too fucking stupid, lazy or emotionally incapable of dealing with reality?

just asking...

fs