[lbo-talk] Re: No evidence...

Chris Doss itschris13 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 19 00:15:18 PDT 2003

>From: joanna bujes <jbujes at covad.net>

>"We are obviously not wired for logic."
>
>Sure we are, or we couldn't do it.

I can walk around pretty effectively -- that doesn't mean I'm wired for knowing physics and mechanics. Gorillas can presumably learn to communicate via sign language, despite have a language center in their brains. Presumably, another part of the brain has learned to take on the load. BTW it's my gut feeling that something like this is the case with human beings when they engage in mathematical calculations and formal logic, which we cognize as if they were varieties of language (maybe they are; I don't want to get into that debate).

_________________________________________________________________ Get a FREE computer virus scan online from McAfee. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963