[lbo-talk] No Evidence

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Sep 19 09:40:52 PDT 2003

could someone refresh my memory as to why belief in a connection between Hussein and AlQ is evidence of a lack of reasoning or rationality or logic?

kelley ^^^^ CB: I'd say it is more a lack of reliance on evidence ( like the thread title) rather than lack of formal logical function. It is not being empirical , rather than setting up a faulty syllogism. It is logical in the sense that "birds of a feather flock together. Hussein and AlQ are birds of a feather ; therefore , they flock together."

But it is not empirically critical thinking in that it ignores and fails to explore the evidence to support this generally logical idea in this specific instance.