[lbo-talk] take my life, please

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Fri Sep 19 11:31:33 PDT 2003

At 02:12 PM 9/19/03 -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:
>>http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/mstoll1.html
>
>I just read it - it's a beaut. He quotes Ayn Rand on the first page, of
>course.
>
>Doug

heh. I like this one: "I have no desire to...do anything less mentally challenging...than the practice of law."

(lazyass!)

ROTF. I dated a few lawyers in grad school. Without a doubt, they all told me that NO ONE has to be smart to get through law school. Of course, take that with a grain of salt since all professionals, even during socialization, have certain stories they tell themselves and others that contain a kernel of truth but also serve other professional socialization purposes, in-group/out-group, defining one's self against those "bad" professionals, yadda yadda.

anyway, I am hoping that Toll has a sense of humor about this and he's not at all sincere. He reminds me of some overzealous business studs I've had. oiy. you never knew if they were sincere or just playin' ya.

Kelley

Kelley