[lbo-talk] take my life, please

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 12:25:15 PDT 2003

You certainly don't need much in the way of brains to practice law successfully. There are incredible numbers of amazingly dumb lawyers. There are even a certain number of not-too-bright big firm lawyers -- fewer because the practice is denanding and brains actually count for client service in big money high stakes cases. The lawyers at my firm are very bright and highly able. I have been learning a lot. The people at the top of my LS class (at non-elite Ohio State Law) were as smart as anyone I have ever met anywhere, including at top-ranked philosophy departments --well, not counting Stephen Hawking, Werner Heisenberg, and Kurt Goedel, whom I have met, but who cannot be measured by normal human standards. The people in the bottom third of my LS class -- well, many of them I wouldn't trust to do a title search. It really is worth your while to make sure that your counsel is sentient before engaging his or her services. A JD does not guarantee conscious life.

jks