[lbo-talk] offshoring

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 20 13:32:28 PDT 2003

mike larkin wrote:

> There was a guy on the local radio here in CT talking
> about this, but it had a very sinister racial
> overtone. Foreigners getting visas to steal our jobs
> and then taking them back to "those" countries. So it
> may be an issue, but maybe not in a positive way.

It's going to go that way if we don't get out there and tell people why these things are happening. We should at least point out the connections between the outsourcing and globalization.

I don't have much hope that the Left can seize this opportunity, because they are either busy organizing pointless anti-war protests (Oct. 25) or pushing some stupid Democrat in the election next year. Two years from now when the right wing has co-opted these economic issues, we'll be hitting our heads and wondering why we didn't go on the offensive in the Fall of 2003.

Chuck0