[lbo-talk] offshoring, or, overheard at a football game

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sat Sep 20 21:20:21 PDT 2003

Following up on my earlier comments about the economy out here in Kansas: I went to the Kansas-Jacksonville State game tonight in Lawrence. It was one of those lopsided affairs between a big conference team and a division 2 school, so the crowd was sparse and mellow. At one point I overheard a young woman behind me talking to her girlfriends about how fruitless it was tobe looking for work right now. She said something about applying for a job that only required a GED and mentioned that she had ten years of experience and was applying for jobs that required no experience.

Chuck0