[lbo-talk] Re:parecon

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Sat Sep 20 16:51:19 PDT 2003

Boddi asks

"...what is going to keep those with higher expertise and knowlege from dominating the decision process and in the end becoming a an elite group or class with more privileges and power?"

I know nothing about parecon, but aside from parecon, the answer to the question is

1) democracy 2) a culture that does not worship individual "success"

As Emily put it,

I'm Nobody! Who are you? Are you - Nobody - Too? Then there's a pair of us! Don't tell! they'd advertise - you know!

How dreary - to be - Somebody! How public - like a Frog - To tell one's name - the livelong June- To an admiring Bog!

Joanna