[lbo-talk] Reactionary Platitudes (Was Re: Marx, Brenner, Technology )

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 12:45:00 PDT 2003

I'm too busy to get into this dispute, sorry. It's also pretty fruitless. Hail capitalism, saviour of the world' downtrodden masses. Too bad they don't appreciate all the bosses have done for them. Buta ctually my point was that the planning models, capitalist or communist, were better for the third world; and it was US imperialism thatin thsi century fucks things up even for nationalist capitalists -- see Arbenz, Mossadeq, etc., not communism. There are exceptions, as with Cambodia. But the rule is that free market capitalism and US imperialsim is an unmitigated disaster for poor nations.