[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Sep 22 15:03:58 PDT 2003

Chuck0 wrote:

>I'm kind of surprised that Doug has such a shallow take on ANSWER.
>ANSWER, like any other sectarian Left party, uses the attendance at
>events they organize as an argument that they have grassroots
>support.

And who would believe such a ludicrous claim? Few people in the mainstream even knew about ANSWER's sponsorship of the Febraury demo in DC (despite the best efforts of David Corn). They picked a date and hired some busses and church ladies came in from Pennsylvania. I'll bet almost no one there even knew who Ramsey Clark was.

Doug