[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 05:46:50 PDT 2003

Me:

> >But I cannot see anyone with decent politics
> >attending a "Bring the Troops Home" rally organized by those who were
> >friendly with Saddam.

Chris Doss:

> Why not? To remain morally pure? I would think a decision on attending
such
> a rally would be based on the probably outcome of participating in the
> event, not on one's political compatibility with the organizers.

Moral purity has nothing to do with it (though there are personal ethics to consider). ANSWER and its various manifestations (love Yoshie's cry about "WWP-baiting" -- lefties can be such fucking wimps; give me the Old School CP) are lovers of overseas tyrannies (like Saddam's) and backers of mass murder and repression. Attending a "peace rally" organized by them is the highest absurdity, regardless if anyone listens to their asshole speakers or not. I mean, why not attend a rally organized by, say, the National Alliance (<http://www.natvan.com/>)? I believe they were against the war. What? No? They're racist scum? Are you trying to remain morally pure? Isn't the larger goal of "Bringing the Troops Home Now" worth some compromise?

Etc.

DP