[lbo-talk] dalai lama in nyc

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 23 11:42:07 PDT 2003

On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 08:46:50 -0400, Dennis Perrin <dperrin at comcast.net> wrote:

I mean, why not attend a rally organized by, say, the National
> Alliance
> (<http://www.natvan.com/>)? I believe they were against the war. What?
> No?
> They're racist scum? Are you trying to remain morally pure? Isn't the
> larger
> goal of "Bringing the Troops Home Now" worth some compromise?
>
> Etc.
>
> DP

National Alliance front group, "No War For Israel, " has shown up at the big marches. And anti-fascist activists like in ARA have given them hell. http://www.nowarforisrael.com/ "Rachel Corrie: Martyr for Peace." Locally they've tried, with no luck to muscle in on Rachel Corrie related work. (BTW, Jewish Voices for Peace has a campaign going on against Caterpillar tractors and the IDF.) At the Immigrant Pride Day here on last Sat. the LaRoucheites we're tabling and walking around. I made sure to talk with as many as I saw w/ their lit.

-- Michael Pugliese, overposted...