[lbo-talk] "Cadre"? Re: dalai lama in nyc

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 09:25:01 PDT 2003

Justin:

Spare me your sanctimony. I spent years in the media activist trenches advising and working with some pretty contemptible people, so I know the drill (that included working with the precursors to ANSWER in 1990 during the build-up to the first Gulf War, when many of them, during a march, would shout, "Death to the US! Victory to Iraq!", a chant that no doubt swayed working Americans sitting on the political fence). Save your laundry list for a first-year poli-sci student. Been there already.

Again, work with anybody you like. If you think that massing under the simplistic slogan "Bring the Troops Home Now," with an organizing force that favored the Ba'athist regime in Baghdad, is the road to "peace," go for it. I'll try to live with the shame of my absence.

DP