[lbo-talk] "Cadre"? Re: dalai lama in nyc

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 12:21:06 PDT 2003

> Evers ince,
> I have had no patience, if I ever had any, for
> reactionary, right wing redbaiting. It's a sell out.
> It's a betrayal. It makes you unworthy of even
> thinking of yourself as on the left, or progressive.
> It makes you on the other side. I've seen it at work.
>
> jks

This is simply weak, the howl of the desperate. I've denounced a specific political group for actions it has taken and for ideas it actually holds. How this constitutes "baiting" I've no idea. I suppose in Justin's world, taking to task a group for what it explicitly stands for is a rightwing tactic. If so, that is severely limiting and anti-democratic. I'm not keeping one person from working with ANSWER. I've merely expressed my concern regarding working with them. In Justin's swirling brain, however, this is siding with imperialism. You're either with "us" or against "us," as a national politician recently said . . .

DP