[lbo-talk] Re: Pet Snakes

Bwhn8 at aol.com Bwhn8 at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 14:37:05 PDT 2003

In a message dated 9/22/03 10:29:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jbujes at covad.net writes:

> Apologies for an off-topic question, but I am desperate. My nine year
> old daughter passionately wants a pet snake. My question is, is there
> such a thing as a snake that does not eat mice? Bugs or worms would be
> ok. Worms would be great cause I have a compost pile. I understand that
> snakes must eat live food, but I simply cannot put a mouse in a cage
> with a snake. Please reply offlist if you have a solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joanna

Garter snakes are cheap, readily available in pet stores & don't get big. buy an adult (they're easier to feed than young ones) and it can subsist on a diet of small goldfish.

if your snake eats mice some stores carry frozen mice and rats. that saves some of the guilt. but make sure the mice are thoroughly thawed. being cold blooded reptiles can't provide the heat themselves.

j -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030923/58287428/attachment.htm>