[lbo-talk] Parecon Discussion...

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 23 16:40:35 PDT 2003

At 6:53 PM -0400 9/23/03, Michael Albert wrote:
> > In the modern industrial world, one of the reasons many --
>> especially artists, whether or not they are paid to produce
>> art -- cherish the idea of art is that art appears to offer a
>> glimpse of an aspect of the world ungoverned by the logic of
>> utility (be it utility for profit maximization or for social
>> responsibility). . . .
>
>Actually, in the modern industrial world almost all art is fone not only
>for pay, but to sell things by duplicity..

I doubt that "almost all art is for pay" in the modern industrial world -- in fact I think the opposite is the case -- but do you have quantitative evidence to convince me otherwise? -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>