[lbo-talk] RE: Justin and Dennix

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 23 17:10:53 PDT 2003

>Yoshie writes:
>
>"In my opinion, red-baiting diminishes the value of this listserv as
>much as testosterone-driven flames do, and, not so coincidentally,
>all regular red-baiters on LBO-talk are men."
>
>Actually, I was enjoying the nast-fest. In general, the redbaiting
>on this list makes me very, very weary. But, in case you haven't
>noticed most folks who post on this list and any list I've been on
>that focuses on politics/economics...are men.
>
>Joanna

The relative dearth of women on a number of left-wing discussion listservs is a problem in itself, and it certainly vitiates discussion. UFPJ working group listservs -- which are focused on politics, too -- have no shortage of women, though. You might check out some of them.

Currently, there is no (group or individual) membership fee for joining UFPJ. The procedure of becoming a UFPJ member is easy: read the UFPJ Unity Statement at <http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=1737> first, and if your group shares UFPJ goals and wishes to work with other groups in UFPJ, go to <http://www.unitedforpeace.org/modinput.php?modin=12> and fill out the online application form. I'd love it if you join the UFPJ Iraq or Palestine working group. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>