[lbo-talk] National Review Online calls for attack on Krugman

Lance Murdoch lbotalk at lancemurdoch.org
Tue Sep 23 22:10:00 PDT 2003

I saw Krugman speak at the NYC book signing tonight...huge crowd...anyhow I was checking out stuff and Luskin's attacks on him and was surprised to see off the bat that Luskin was calling, from the National Review's web page no less, for someone to attack Krugman by throwing something in his face. I could see a college Republican calling for this, but the National Review's web page? I guess as Buckley is headed off to be a doddering old drooling vegetable like Reagan, the kids aren't able to resist getting into the mud. There goes Buckley's attempt for a statesman-like, non-John Birch looney enterprise...

http://www.nationalreview.com/nrof_luskin/truthsquad090803.asp

Despite this inexplicable omission, America's most dangerous liberal pundit is in full book-promo mode. He's dropped his teaching duties at Princeton for the quarter. His personal website lists 14 speaking engagements around the country, with more to come (a helpful reader suggested that coconut cream pie works best for such occasions).