[lbo-talk] Fwd: Justin and Dennis

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Sep 24 04:48:45 PDT 2003

sounds like its getting damn close to cheap disruptiveness to me. baiting (and trolling) just to get a personal laugh out of what you think is hilarious behavior?

it's one thing to engage in a funny flamefest where you engage in humorous put downs of one another.

baiting, OTOH, is a logical fallacy: poisoning the wells of discourse.

what kind of argument is that? it isn't an argument. it is, rather, a tactic for eliding substantive discussion. all of us have fallen into this trap. but it is weird to see folks defending logical fallacy as a form of entertainment!