[lbo-talk] Fwd: Justin and Dennis

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Wed Sep 24 04:58:52 PDT 2003

kelley:

> baiting, OTOH, is a logical fallacy: poisoning the wells of discourse.

I've reread my posts from yesterday, and other than a few knocks at Justin (after his hysterical attacks on me), I don't see where I'm "baiting." Again, how is it "redbaiting" when I criticize a group for what it actually and openly stands for? Is ANSWER off limits? Is the fact that they back tyranny overseas beside the point?

I agree with Nathan: the charge "redbaiting" is itself a tool to shut down debate. Somehow I think that if ANSWER had backed, say, apartheid South Africa, that might come up in the conversation -- and should.

DP