[lbo-talk] Re: redbaiting

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Sep 24 08:10:06 PDT 2003

At 10:43 AM 9/24/03 -0400, Brian Siano wrote:
>Kelley wrote:
>
>>The other logical fallacy was to insist that people who hated the Iraq
>>occupation but defended China/Tibet were hypocrits. Calling someone a
>>hypocrite is ad hominem tu quoque. Logical fallacy. Bad juju. elides
>>substance. you have more to offer than this cheap crap.
>
>How so? Seems to me that if one is going to condemn one occupation, but
>defend another, one certainly courts the charge of hypocrisy. Especially
>if one does so on the basis of human rights, or justice, or principle.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=ad+hominem+tu+quoque

when you make an argument that someone's text is hard to read because they are careless and didn't proofread, is your argument undermined because you make a typo when advancing this argument?

no, your arguments stands, even if you make a typo in every post.

kelley