[lbo-talk] Re: dalai lama

Alexander Nekvasil a8504902 at unet.univie.ac.at
Wed Sep 24 14:15:51 PDT 2003

"Dennis Perrin" <dperrin at comcast.net> writes:

> Ah, here's one from a reliable source:
>
> > I don't know much about the actions of the Chinese
> > government in the province of Tibet, but I do know
> > that Mussolini, Franco, or Pinochet would have been
> > a great improvement over the rule of the Tibetan
> > theocracy. Nothing China did under either Mao or the
> > present government could begin to match the horror
> > of the rule of the Tibetan Monks for a thousand
> > years. The core complaint about China in Tibet is
> > that they waited 5 years (1950-1955) before they
> > tossed the Monks out.
> >
> > Carrol
>

> "I don't know much . . ." but fuck 'em anyway, right
> Carrol? Beautiful. Simply awesome.
>
> Next?

I don't know much, neither, but I do know that Tibetan buddhism was a big inspiration for the SS (which saw itself as an order, of course.)

This connection was also the reason why the man whom Brad Pitt plays in _Seven_Years_in_Tibet_ (an Austrian illegal Nazi, mountaineer, and SS member by the name of Heinrich Harrer) was refused entrance to the US when the film came out.

cheers AN