[lbo-talk] FW: Edward Said passed away yesterday

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Sep 25 08:39:52 PDT 2003

Agreed -- a tremendous loss.

And a big FUCK YOU to all those who heaped trash on this fine man while he lived -- from Norman Podhoretz (who called him "Professor of Terror") to the slime that tried to deny his Palestinian heritage, to even Mr. Hitchens, who, while not going as far as he did with Chomsky and Zinn, nevertheless felt the need to "revise" his toughts about Said and Orientalism (New Realities demand New Assessments, and so on). I'm sure Hitchens will pen a decent obit: I don't think he's that far gone. As for the rest, get ready . . .

DP