[lbo-talk] Re: Israel's "right to exist"

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Sep 28 09:56:23 PDT 2003

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>It's sort of fascinating, like having a
> pet scorpion on the list.

Wow! Some years ago Maggie Coleman complimented me on my use of similes for cursing -- but I never came up with one with this much flair.

Pet scorpion

I love it.

I remember back in the late winter of '51 some of us trainees at Lackland Air Force Base had been put to work picking stones out of a pile of dirt that was destined to become a green on an officers' golf course. We came across a scorpion, and did play with it for awhile, poking it with a twig or something. So I guess I did have a pet scorpion for a few minutes.

Carrol