[lbo-talk] Paul Felton: Open Letter to Progressive Democrats

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Fri Apr 2 13:18:36 PST 2004

Doug:

> >And like I said before, it's not for me. I don't have the time or
> >the temperament, and it would undermine my credibility as a
> >journalist to be a party functionary. But there are many people in
> >the world. That's what a division of labor is good for. My strength
> >is in political/economic analysis and it semi-popularization. Other
> >people are good at organizing and polemicizing.

Yoshie:

> One of the obstacles for third-party organizing in particular or any
> other political organizing for that matter is a free rider problem.

Apologies for the overposting, but the above is pure, rancid horseshit. I've known Doug for years, and have on occasion worked with him (in my FAIR days), and he is hardly a "free rider." His contributions are invaluable, and anyone with any true feeling for an alternative society would not make such a rank and stupid statement. Doug has reached far, far more people than you Yoshie. You are clearly a very bitter, angry and confused person. If anyone's hitching a free ride, it's you.

DP