[lbo-talk] Kerry's Tax Cut Makes Me Wanna Ralph

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Apr 2 13:55:03 PST 2004

Michael Perelman wrote:

>I don't understand. How is a hike a a long-established fixed cost?

I didn't say hike. I was wondering who paid corporate taxes in general - that corporations, being legal fictions, can't pay taxes, and that some real humans ultimately bear the cost, be they customers, shareholders, or workers. Like I also said, I found the CBO's half capital/half labor compromise intuitively appealing. Given the ambiguity, though, I'd rather rely on taxing rich people, who can't play games with transfer pricing or move their HQ to the Cayman Islands.

Doug