[lbo-talk] Kerry's Tax Cut Makes Me Wanna Ralph

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Sat Apr 3 08:55:43 PST 2004

On Friday, April 2, 2004, at 08:57 PM, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> Depends on accountancy and corporate policy -- some of
> the cost is imposed on the shareholders, who also
> legal fictions, since they own shares ofa fiction,
> some on consumers if the taxes are passed alomg in
> terms of prices, etc.

I am a total dunce on these higher financial matters, but it seems to me that shareholders are not legal fictions -- they're real people. And if they get the taxes passed on to them, it must result in their not receiving some actual, real money that they would have gotten if the burden had been passed on to someone else. Or am I missing something?

Jon Johanning // jjohanning at igc.org __________________________________ A gentleman haranguing on the perfection of our law, and that it was equally open to the poor and the rich, was answered by another, 'So is the London Tavern.' -- "Tom Paine's Jests..." (1794); also attr. to John Horne Tooke (1736-1812) by Hazlitt