[lbo-talk] RE: Gender diversity

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Apr 3 11:51:51 PST 2004

joanna bujes wrote:

> OK, I understand that we're grownups now and can see shades of gray. The question that remains is whether role playing, or lesbians trying out a multiplicity of roles, is liberating.

Why, from a political perspective, should we wish to ask or answer this question? It seems to me that, viewed politically, it is a question which is none of our business. Do you want leftist organizations to forbid "non-liberating" private practices of their members? Do you want the state to forbid such practices on the part of citizens?

My answer to both questions is "NO," which is why I've skipped most of the posts in this thread.

Carrol