[lbo-talk] America, dumb and dumber

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Sun Apr 4 15:08:13 PDT 2004

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> Yes, I am NOT saying that after decades of accelerating repression of non-violent opposition, that picking up the gun wasn't the tragic necessity but, really Chuck you are talking like some stupid Weatherman circa '69 here.

Whatever. Perhaps you can explain to me how the Latin America solidarity movement in the U.S. stopped the intervention in Central America. I was part of that movement. I remember eating lots of rice and beans, but I remember Reagan and Co. getting away with murder.

What's worse is that the American left is so pathetic that Poindexter and Abrahms are in power again.

Would you suggest eating more rice and beans?

It's too bad we didn't have ANSWER running the solidarity movement back in the 80s. They would have stopped the U.S. intervention.

Chuck0