[lbo-talk] America, dumb and dumber

Michael Pugliese michael098762001 at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 4 13:59:40 PDT 2004

Perhaps if they has spent more time learning to use firearms and less time praying, more of them would be alive today.

Happy fucking Palm Sunday everybody,

Chuck0

As if alot of them didn't do that too? One of my mentors as a teenage marxist was Blase Bonpane, a radical Jesuit who was thrown out of Guatemala in the mid-60's for supporting the guerillas. http://www.marxists.org/espanol/camilo/ Camilo Torres, a Priest Who Became a Guerilla.

Debray's critique of armed struggle, "Critique of Arms, " 2 vols. Penguin Books, published mid-70's. Former cadre in Mexican CP, will run for Pres. against V. Fox, history and polemic against the militarist illusions of guerillas,Utopia Unarmed : The Latin American Left After the Cold War.

Yes, I am NOT saying that after decades of accelerating repression of non-violent opposition, that picking up the gun wasn't the tragic necessity but, really Chuck you are talking like some stupid Weatherman circa '69 here.