[lbo-talk] Re: Paul Felton: Open Letter to Progressive Democrats

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sun Apr 4 20:16:50 PDT 2004

Jon Johanning wrote:

> > Perhaps, because they have to compete with Mexican, Chinese and Indian
> > workers?

> No, it's because they've allowed the labor movement to disintegrate to
> a state of near collapse (aided by the ruling class, of course).

I was wondering if the globalisation of the reserve army of labour has contributed to this process. Chomsky says that the US business is much more class conscious business community, unlike other countries. It's bent on rolling back the entire framework civil rights and welfare state within the US. Is it the drive for higher profitability that behind this programme?

Ulhas