[lbo-talk] latest scorecard for iraq?

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 23:32:34 PDT 2004

>From: Stephen E Philion <philion at hawaii.edu>
>
>has hitchens or someone come out with a scorecard for who we're
>supposed to hate in iraq these days? it's getting really confusing. ...
>we have ourselves in a pickle here...

We are, in fact, in the mother of all pickle barrels. Justin Raimondo if anything understates the case in his current posting: "The invasion and occupation of Iraq is turning out to have been the worst idea in the history of American foreign policy, far stupider than the Vietnam debacle, and potentially even more destructive and futile than our entry into World War I." <http://www.antiwar.com/justin/>

It doesn't look like it will be long before Paul Bremer & Associates decamp Baghdad like the US diplomatic staff vamoosed from Saigon way back when -- from the embassy roof via helicopter.

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Get rid of annoying pop-up ads with the new MSN Toolbar – FREE! http://toolbar.msn.com/go/onm00200414ave/direct/01/