[lbo-talk] WMNF in Tampa

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Apr 6 03:47:21 PDT 2004

Stephen E Philion philion at hawaii.edu, Mon Apr 5 19:13:25 PDT 2004:

>maria wrote:
>>While I knew there are a lot more people around here where I live
>>now, and that my chances of finding a progressive/radical community
>>to be part of were much better, I was not prepared for the great
>>luck I have in living within the broadcast range of WMNF-FM, Tampa,
>>Florida. It's 88.5 on the dial and it is, IMHO,
>
>--i second that, i was in tampa for a week over christmas break and
>was amazed at the quality of that radio station. i think it can be
>listened to on the web too...
>
>steve

WMNF: <http://www.wmnf.org/programming/djprofiles.shtml>.

On September 11, 2001, we (activists in Columbus, OH) called a meeting of activists as soon as we got news of the terrorist attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center. In addition to beginning weekly Women in Black peace vigils on Fridays and other events, we sent out our joint statement to the press and the Internet on September 12, 2001: "Build Peace and Justice: Resist Calls for Collective Punishment," <http://www.service.ohio-state.edu/students/CJP/cjp.12SEP2001.html>. Since we were among the first groups in the nation to organize against anti-Arab/Muslim hatred, violation of civil rights and liberties, and war (even before Washington named Afghanistan as the first nation to be attacked in the name of "war on terrorism") after the terrorist attacks, we received emails and phone calls from unlikely places and got interviewed by a number of radio hosts nationwide. Among the radio hosts who interviewed us, the nicest was Mabili Ajaní of WMNF. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://sif.org.ohio-state.edu/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://www.solidarity-us.org/>