[lbo-talk] Fw: Re: ANSWER's answer on Iraq

paul childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 7 14:16:15 PDT 2004

>http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&q=Kurds&btnG=Search+News
>http://english.aljazeera.net/english/DialogBox/BreakingNews.aspx
>Iraqi Kurds dance to a different tune

>By Roshan Muhammed Salih in Arbil

Well, that's as maybe, but I suspect that anyone as thoroughly done over by realpolitik as the Kurds may see an opportunity in the breakdown in order to carve out Kurdistan before the US pulls out, the theocracy takes over and they're back where they were under SH.

The danger I see is that in doing so Syria, Iran and Turkey are in the picture.

PC

N P Childs

'I'm Mister Bad Example, the stranger in the dirt, I like to have a good time and I don't care who gets hurt'.

-Mr. Bad Example, W Zevon