[lbo-talk] Kerry

Joseph Wanzala jwanzala at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 9 14:55:43 PDT 2004

Many Democrats still do not understand the real problem facing America. They have accepted the nonsense from the DLC that Bush is the problem and even my dead dog would be better than Bush. As a result they have offered us John Kerry; another member of the Skull and Bones Society who, while he was in Vietnam, murdered innocent civilians and burned villages (Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself). When this guy came home he protested the war by throwing other soldiers' metals away, making sure to keep his own for his future career in politics (Don't believe me? Check it out for yourself.). Most recently this man supported every one of the foreign and domestic atrocities of the Bush administration.

With the millions of qualified Americans who could have been chosen to run against George Bush the Democrats chose John Kerry, the favorite of the corporate elite. And, to make matters even more interesting they have convinced many Democrats that the choice of this other corporate pus bag would be better than George Bush!

We are told that we must accept anybody rather than Bush! Sacrifice all of our Progressive beliefs -- give up all hope of publicly funded universal health care and a college education for our children (like the citizens of every other industrialized nation in the world enjoy), give up any thought of America signing the Kyoto accords, give up our hope of ending the occupation of Iraq and ending the Patriot act -- yes, give everything up -- give it all up so we can get rid of Bush and replace him with a clone, even if it is clear that such a choice would destroy our nation in the long run.

Bush, Kerry Still Running Even in Presidential Race, AP Says

April 9 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush and Massachusetts Senator John Kerry remain about even in the U.S. presidential campaign, the Associated Press reported, citing a poll of 1,001 adults it conducted with Ipsos-Public Affairs.

Bush received 45 percent of voters and Kerry 44 percent in the poll taken April 5-7, AP said. In the poll March 1-3, Bush polled 46 percent and Kerry 45 percent. Ralph Nader, the consumer advocate running as an independent, received 6 percent support in both polls, AP reported.

Almost half of those polled, 49 percent, said military action in Iraq has raised the threat of terrorism, while 28 percent said the threat has decreased, AP said. In a February Poll, 38 percent said military action had increased the risk of terrorism, the newswire said.

Bush's overall job rating was basically unchanged from a month ago, with 48 percent of those polled approving and 50 percent disapproving, AP said.

Growing fears among those polled about the situation in Iraq and doubts about Bush's handling of domestic and foreign affairs haven't helped Kerry, and Bush generally gets higher marks than Kerry on handling foreign policy and terrorism, even as Bush's own ratings have slipped, AP said.

The poll included 758 registered voters and had a margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points, AP said.

(AP 4-8 Online)

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000087&sid=aydFzXgNQ.m8&refer=top_world_news

And the reason Kerry is not able to command any kind of a significant lead over Bush is because the Democrats chose a candidate who approved all of Bush's foreign and domestic atrocities. There is no way to significantly differentiate him from the neocons. The neoliberals (Daschle, Gephardt, Lieberman, Clinton, Edwards, Kerry and the rest of the gang) have been purchased completely by the same corporate elite that owns Bush. They chose Kerry as an insurance policy. They win either way. The American people lose either way.

JOHN A. MURPHY: EVILDOER "To live as if our choices make any real difference in the long run may be the act of a fool, but to live as if they do not, that is the act of a coward." -- Albert Camus.

_________________________________________________________________ Persistent heartburn? Check out Digestive Health & Wellness for information and advice. http://gerd.msn.com/default.asp