[lbo-talk] RE: Calculated provocation

MOTECK1457 at aol.com MOTECK1457 at aol.com
Fri Apr 9 16:09:00 PDT 2004

In a message dated 4/9/2004 1:24:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, michael at ecst.csuchico.edu writes: Many pro-Israel voices suggest that one cannot be anti-Israel without being antisemetic. Could it be that this attitude lends itself to anti-Jewish responses I think that a lot hinges on what one means by being "anti-Israel." There is a difference between being anti- an Israeli government official, a right wing Israeli political party, an unjust action of the Isreali Defense Forces -- on the one hand -- and being opposed to the existence of Israel. (As I've said before, I don't like Ariel Sharon and I'm critical of him and of Likud.) I do not think it's anti-Semitic to criticize current and past Israeli governments. I do think it's anti-Semitic to say or imply that Israel and the Israeli people do not have a right to exist.

Marion -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20040409/17052aa8/attachment.htm>