[lbo-talk] RE: Calculated provocation

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Fri Apr 9 16:50:11 PDT 2004

MOTECK1457 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 4/9/2004 1:24:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> michael at ecst.csuchico.edu writes:
> Many pro-Israel voices suggest that one cannot be anti-Israel without
> being antisemetic. Could it be that this attitude lends itself to
> anti-Jewish responses
> I think that a lot hinges on what one means by being "anti-Israel." There is
> a difference between being anti- an Israeli government official, a right wing
> Israeli political party, an unjust action of the Isreali Defense Forces -- on
> the one hand -- and being opposed to the existence of Israel. (As I've said
> before, I don't like Ariel Sharon and I'm critical of him and of Likud.) I do
> not think it's anti-Semitic to criticize current and past Israeli governments.
> I do think it's anti-Semitic to say or imply that Israel and the Israeli
> people do not have a right to exist.

I am anti-Zionist and I oppose the existence of the state of Israel. I also oppose the existence of the American and Belgian states. Does this make me anti-semitic? No, it makes me an anarchist who is consistent about his beliefs.

I'm not anti-Israeli, but fuck, when are the Israeli people going to get off their asses and do something about Sharon and his apartheid system?

Chuck0