[lbo-talk] one dimensional...

uvj at vsnl.com uvj at vsnl.com
Sat Apr 10 05:43:38 PDT 2004

Michael Pollak wrote:

> The difference between Iraq and Vietnam, or for that matter almost all
> other guerrilla wars, is that Iraq at the moment is an urban guerrilla war
> where the others were rural. It is also one in which the inhabitants get
> to watch it in real time on uncontrolled TV. Both are historically very
> rare, and strategically they change everything.

Yes, I agree. There are other differences: fSU is gone and the Theory (or Theories) of Imperialism on which anti-imperialist actions were supposed to be based is dead.

US (like other states) has used and will use any state (or group of states) that suits its foreign policy goals in a given conjuncture.

Ulhas