[lbo-talk] Would Gore have invaded Iraq?

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Sat Apr 10 06:13:06 PDT 2004

Right after 9.11, a number of people insisted that, because the dems have such a drive to prove how tough they are, Gore probably would have done what Shrub did in Afghanistan and possibly worse.

It seems unlikely, though, that Gore would have gotten us into Iraq--particularly given what we are learning re: the obsession with Iraq among the Busheviks.

Also, a lot of people dismissed the idea that this was about oil. Given Clarke's revelations, this doesn't seem like such an absurd idea any more.

Counter arguments? Did I mischaracterize the positions once taken on the list?

Kelley