[lbo-talk] Mozart, plumber's helper

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 12 11:50:38 PDT 2004

>On Monday, April 12, 2004, at 12:37 PM, Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>... On a less lofty but related subject, one of the reasons that I value
>>my new telecommuting lifestyle -- where I very rarely have to take the
>>train to a Manhattan office anymore -- has been the virtual extinction of
>>coat-and-tie wearing among office workers. One of the few good things
>>about working in an office was that coworkers looked dignified and
>>sophisticated, like adults. Now, with the ubiquitous crummy shirts and
>>slacks that are de rigueur for the "leisure" look of today's
>>anything-but-leisure, 24/7 business operations, male office workers simply
>>look like a corroded, old and tired version of high school students.
>
>Being an at-home worker for the last 24 years or so, I rarely get a chance
>to see what office workers are wearing these days -- and you should see
>what I wear!

At this point, I myself wear the same sweatshirt and sweatpants for days on end, and I've gotten a lot less particular about shaving and even haircuts. I was quite surprised the other day to glance in the mirror and see Ted Kaczynski staring back at me. I decided it was time to at least brush my hair :)

Carl

_________________________________________________________________ Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963