[lbo-talk] Re: Bush invaded Iraq because...

Ted Winslow egwinslow at rogers.com
Mon Apr 12 16:12:03 PDT 2004

Doug wrote:

> Let me try this one more time.

Keynes wrote:

"I still suffer incurably from attributing an unreal rationality to other people's feelings and behaviour (and doubtless to my own, too). There is one small but extraordinarily silly manifestation of this absurd idea of what is 'normal', namely the impulse to _protest_ - to write a letter to _The Times_, call a meeting in the Guildhall, subscribe to some fund when my presuppositions as to what is 'normal' are not fulfilled. I behave as if there really existed some authority or standard to which I can successfully appeal if I shout loud enough - perhaps it is some hereditary vestige of a belief in the efficacy of prayer." (Collected Writings, vol. X, p. 448)

Ted