[lbo-talk] Why Democrats Can't Blame Bush for 9/11

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 12 18:36:56 PDT 2004

At 12/04/2004,, you wrote:
>--A tentative hypothesis: politeness and respect are integral
>to the survival of brutal, coercive social systems.

Not a bad hypothesis, it would explain the U.S., Britain and Japan (just off the top of my head), but what about Canada?

We're ever so nice, and, yes we are a liberal-capitalist state with all that implies, but we don't execute the young, the retarded or anyone actually, guns are much more regulated than they are in the U.S. (as they are in Japan and the U.K.) and as far as I know our rates of violent crime are lower than the U.S.

Are we an anomaly?

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo